IGNORED

Cycling Canada

kevin-vic-b.c.

On June 1st 2010 my 23 yr old son, Brad, is starting his long planned bicycle ride across Canada. His plan is to take up to 12 weeks and ride across the country to help raise funds and awareness for the Brain Injury Association of Canada and their related support societies . His ride will take him close to 4,700 miles from the west coast to the east coast. So if you are riding to or from the Kootneys and happen to see a young man all alone on the highway pedaling his bicycle east.... please ..... stop and say hello to Brad.

thanks

info on his ride: http://www.brainstormride.org or send me a message.

Any idea when he will be near Brandon? If we are around he would be welcome for a stop over.

It is a good thing he does....our hats off to him.

Never mind, I know when he is going to be here! I checked his intinerary...third week of June.

Edited by sarges46

• 2 weeks later...

My son is about 350 miles into his ride across Canada. He is in Armstrong BC and feeling good. The Coquihalla Highway and the connector from Meritt to Kelowna BC have been by far the worst so far. He is now entering the Rocky Mountains and looking forward to going down hill towards the Alberta boarder. He is a day or 2 behind his planned schedule but feeling confident he will be able to make up for lost time on flatter ground ahead.

feel free to follow him @ brainstormride.org and http://biac-aclc.ca/en/ (brainstormride updates)

My son is about 350 miles into his ride across Canada. He is in Armstrong BC and feeling good. The Coquihalla Highway and the connector from Meritt to Kelowna BC have been by far the worst so far. He is now entering the Rocky Mountains and looking forward to going down hill towards the Alberta boarder. He is a day or 2 behind his planned schedule but feeling confident he will be able to make up for lost time on flatter ground ahead.

feel free to follow him @ brainstormride.org and http://biac-aclc.ca/en/ (brainstormride updates)

Not a great time of the year to tackle the "coq", especially on a bicycle! I'm guessing he's travelling the Roger's pass route .... (I've travelled that route so many times I can almost do it with my eyes closed) ... he'll be doing more uphill than downhill but at least he'll have plenty of downhill to look forward to. Hope the weather holds out for him!

It's a good thing that the kiddo does. Brain injuries are complicated and often life long. My hubby was in a wreck last yr with a semi and 9 mons into this mess we are still no closer to knowing what his prognosis is with the brain injuries. The new lawyer told us we are looking at 5+ yrs of him being out of work and that long in therapy trying to regain skills he lost in the wreck....You never know what you have til you lose it.

• 2 weeks later...