IGNORED

Installed Barons today

kbran

I finaly broke down and bought a set of Barons bag slash and go them on the bike today. I really like the sound of these things, althou I am going to modify the baffles to tone them down just a bit. Put my son inlaw outside to listen to me ride by and he said they had a nice deep rumble and sounded like the old cars with the straight pipes. Anyway I have a couple of concerns. First I think I rember reading they change the mount to give more clearance. Ended up real close to the back of the sidebags. See the attchments. Not realy crazy about the angle. May modify the mount some how. Any suggestions. Second I now have a lot of poping on decel that I didn't have before. Not really that bad but very noticeable. Carbs, rejet, remove AIS? Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ken,

I got a suggestion, they look funny and are too long! Probably nannaof4 is upset for you getting them! They are too loud as you yourself have stated! And most of all they would probably look better on my bike!

That being said I will shut up my friend, I hope you get the decel poping out!

I have Baron's (the 4-2-4 setup) on my '07 RSMV (a buddy of mine also has them on his '07), we both experience the "pop" on decel...neither of us has done anything about it (yet). I am planning on purchasing one of those CarbTunes (is that the correct name/spelling?) and resynch my carbs, but for now, it's not that annoying to me. I definitely do love the sound of that rumble the Baron's provide. When I get the carbs resynch'd (which will be after the new year) I'll try to remember to provide some feedback on here.

I have Baron's (the 4-2-4 setup) on my '07 RSMV (a buddy of mine also has them on his '07), we both experience the "pop" on decel...neither of us has done anything about it (yet). I am planning on purchasing one of those CarbTunes (is that the correct name/spelling?) and resynch my carbs, but for now, it's not that annoying to me. I definitely do love the sound of that rumble the Baron's provide. When I get the carbs resynch'd (which will be after the new year) I'll try to remember to provide some feedback on here.

Come on over to the SC meet and eat next weekend and we will sync your carbs free of charge, maybe :rotf::rotf::rotf:

plug the two ais outlets and the popping will be gone.

What Ed said! After I put my Baron's 4-2-4's on I had the popping on decelleration. Based on advice on this and other RSV forums, I plugged the AIS and got rid of almost all (95%) of the popping. All it took was two #2 rubber plugs from Lowe's and about 20 minutes. You can find threads to plugging the AIS pretty easily. Gotta love that rumble!

Smokee

Second I now have a lot of poping on decel that I didn't have before. Not really that bad but very noticeable. Carbs, rejet, remove AIS? Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Plugging the AIS is one solution. I found that adjusting the pilot screws out by 1/4 turn also solved most of the popping.

Have you modified the air intake?

Best regards,

Leonard

Plugging the AIS is one solution. I found that adjusting the pilot screws out by 1/4 turn also solved most of the popping.

Have you modified the air intake?

Best regards,

Leonard

Thanks Guys. I put the carbtune on it today and it was barely off. Will do the AIS next. The only thing I have done to the air is K&N filters.

Thanks Guys. I put the carbtune on it today and it was barely off. Will do the AIS next. The only thing I have done to the air is K&N filters.

Here's an article on the pilot circuit mod. I did it on mine since I installed K&N filters and modified the air intake, then installed Khromewerks Slipons.

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002010&id=168

Cheers,

Leonard