IGNORED

Intermittent Engine light

Tim Kriner

I have a '07 RSV with approximately 35,000 miles. The check engine light comes on intermittently. It might be on 30-35 miles and then go out. I've taken it to two dealers and neither have any ideas- the light was not on by the time I arrived at the dealers and they both said that they can't diagnose without the light being on at the time. Has anyone had similar problem? Fixes? :cry:

Well, definitely something that should be covered/fixed under the warranty.

I would say that next time you see it come on, pull over when you can safely do so, turn the bike off, then turn the key to the on position and write down the flash patter of the light it self. Then go back to the dealer and let them know what you saw. That will help them with the diagnosis. If you would like, the service manual does give a number of readouts for it you could go to the dealer with what the service manual says with respect to what the light tells you.

Unfortunately though, on these bikes, I am pretty sure the light is just a light that shows up when the bike detects the problem and does not store any information about it (ie the 'on board diagnostic' system [OBD] is quite simple).

I hope you get it taken care of soon and that you don't get stranded somewhere because of it.

:080402gudl_prv:

• 1 month later...