IGNORED

no brake light

tomfromhull

I have a '99 RSTD. The other morning I lost power to the headlight, speedo, and brake light. I found the fuse panel with the 20 amp fuse for the headlight and it looks like it had a big meltdown. I pulled the fuse out with a pair of needle nose pliers ( it was melted and came out in about three pieces). I cleaned up the fuse panel, put another fuse in and all is OK now with the headlight and speedo light but I have no brake light. I changed the bulb and still no luck. Is there a separate fuse block with a fuse for the brake light? The previous owner put a modulator in for the brake light but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Thanks for any help.

I have a '99 RSTD. The other morning I lost power to the headlight, speedo, and brake light. I found the fuse panel with the 20 amp fuse for the headlight and it looks like it had a big meltdown. I pulled the fuse out with a pair of needle nose pliers ( it was melted and came out in about three pieces). I cleaned up the fuse panel, put another fuse in and all is OK now with the headlight and speedo light but I have no brake light. I changed the bulb and still no luck. Is there a separate fuse block with a fuse for the brake light? The previous owner put a modulator in for the brake light but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Thanks for any help.

are you getting power to the modulator? it could have been the cause of the meltdown.

I finally fixed it. The fuse for the headlight must've been corroded at the fuse holder. I fixed it so I'm all set with that. The brake light was a separate issue. The four prong electrical connector for the brake and signal that sits behind the battery wasn't holding the wires tight so I put a new one in. Now I'm good to go.