IGNORED

Motion Pro Bleeder s*cks

RandyR

I bought a Brake Bleeder made by Motion Pro

http://www.motionpro.com/images/items/08-0143.jpg

I used it for the first time today. Did my new-used Millennium Model brakes, front & rear OK.

Started bleeding my clutch and noticed that bubbles were being sucked back into the line when I released the clutch lever. I checked to make sure the arrow on the one-way valve was pointed away from the bike, and it was... Pumped it again to confirm the situation...

No doubt I now have air in my clutch line.

I don't think this happened while doing my brakes, but I'll be cautious with them at first.

Bled the clutch line by opening and closing the bleeder valve with a wrench each time I squeezed the clutch.

A number of air bubbles came out. Time for a test ride to see if its ok.

Edited by RandyR

So far, I think I only like their cables. If it has got liquid or does something with a liquid, like the syncpro, watch out! The cable luber is a pile of junk too! oh, there we go, another liquid device by motion pro.

I got the repair kit for the syncpro but have not tried it yet.

I played with the clutch while parked and tried the brakes a couple times rolling from a standstill, seemed ok.

So took it for a short ride. It seems ok. But I was hesitant to lay into the brakes too hard as the streets were wet from a rain that blew thru here 30 minutes ago.

I was thinking that MotionPro bleeder was an easy way to get the job done... until I saw the bubbles being pulled back into the clutch line. I guess I'll trash it and go shopping for a MityVac. The nearest Harbor Freight is about an hour and a half away, I'll make the time to go there.

To make the tube fit tighter on the bleeder I took a piece of fuel line the OD of the bleeder line and slide that over the hose to avoid air coming in due to a loose fit. Rod

To make the tube fit tighter on the bleeder I took a piece of fuel line the OD of the bleeder line and slide that over the hose to avoid air coming in due to a loose fit. Rod

The problem I had wasn't due to a loose hose. The bleeder valve was stuck wide open and air was being pulled thru the bleeder.

There was a lot of crud in the bottom of the clutch reservoir that got flushed out when I bled the fluid.

I'm thinking if I had this to do over again, what I would do differently is make sure the crud in the reservoir was cleaned out before I bled the lines.

I expect I could clean out the reservoirs by sucking out all fluid with a turkey baster, and then wiping the insides with a shop towel until clean.

Then, fill the reservoir and run fresh fluid thru the hydraulic lines.