IGNORED

boat owners?

Pappa Bear

Patched up a very old very nice double plank Thompson several years ago when I worked for a boat dearlership. The owner had it out of the water and dropped it on the stacked 4x4's he was going to set it up on to do some maintainance. Thompson owner's, at least this one, are proud of their boats. He was almost in tears when he told us what he had done to his prized possession.

Glenn

There are only two happy days in the life of a boat owner.

The day he buys it...and the day he sells it.

Not true. Maybe for some but I've owned a boat since 1986 and still loving it as much as the kids... And then I got a brother that has a 50 foot sail he lives on year round. He spend every winter in the Bahamas floating around, so I know he loves it.......:2cents:

Not true. Maybe for some but I've owned a boat since 1986 and still loving it as much as the kids... And then I got a brother that has a 50 foot sail he lives on year round. He spend every winter in the Bahamas floating around, so I know he loves it.......:2cents:

"The day he buys it...and the day he sells it." Is getting old and coined by someone who probably was in over his head and couldn't afford the boat in the first place.

I am considering buying a boat, is anyone out there familiar with Thompson Boats? I would like to talk to you about them! Thanks :fishin:

Remember:

When the level of your draught exceeds the level of your water,

you have most assuredly...run aground.:smile5:

We bought a nice boat new in 2003 and LOVED it.

Then, got back into Motorcycling in 2007.

The Boat has sat since. I haven't even started it since 2007!! My kids and friends tease me about it all of the time.

It's just so much easier to hop on the bike and go, than it is to drag the boat to the lake or river. Then launching it and being limited on where I can go.

I plan to get it out on the water THIS year, but then again, I planned on getting it out LAST year too. :)

craigr