IGNORED

Retrofit helmet speakers to earbuds?

I purchased the Sena intercom last week and installed them onto our helmets. They seem to work well. My problem is I prefer to wear earplugs. The helmets speakers are ok but, to much wind/road/engine noise.

Can I retrofit a set of earbuds? I think it would be the perfect solution. Intercom with ipod quality sound.

hello

yes you can grt a edset adpt and you can use ear buds and the head set i think freebird has the link it is about 55.00 the best money i spent on sound i use boses ear buds and i have the sampson pipes and at any speed i have the best sound ever

bumble bee

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

I bought two of the edset adpaters, one for me and one for my wife. They are excellent for using earbuds. I cut the wires to the speakers of my headset so I can use any helmet now. In the winter I use a 3/4 helmet and summer a half helmet. I just clip the mike boom with my intercom to the side of my helmet and plug in the earbuds. The sound quality is 100% better plus with the earbuds you block out a lot of the road noise.

If I'm reading this right...I don't think it will work for me. The intercom we have is wireless. Is it possible to cut off the speakers or splice in an earbud. It seems like a easy do, but I don't want to ruin a $200 headset.

You don't have to cut the wires to the speakers. With the adapter there is a plug for the 5pin connector and a plug for the earbuds. I have the chatterbox system where there are wires that run from the mike to the speakers in the helmet. The sound of the earbuds is so much better I didn't need the speakers mounted in my helmet. Plus I can use any helmet with the earbuds because there are no speakers to mount in the helmet.

I don't have anyway to plug into a 5 pin plug. Its completely wireless. All I got is an input plug for an ipod. I tried plugging in a set of earbuds to that port out of curiousity, it didn't work. I went to my local radio shack and they said the wires to the speakers were to small to try to splice in a set of earbuds.

I imagine it would have alot of connection problems from tugging on the wires.

You don't have to cut the wires to the speakers. With the adapter there is a plug for the 5pin connector and a plug for the earbuds. I have the chatterbox system where there are wires that run from the mike to the speakers in the helmet. The sound of the earbuds is so much better I didn't need the speakers mounted in my helmet. Plus I can use any helmet with the earbuds because there are no speakers to mount in the helmet.

Without a Mic, you can't use you intercom or CB though.

• 1 month later...

I was plannig on buying the edsets adapter that converts the 5 pn to allow earbuds to be used.

The problem is that the unit is worth $55 and shipping is $23 ($29 with insurance)

I am up in Vancouver - and thought it may be worthwhile to ship to a USA address and have someone just mail them to me? It seems like such a small units and paying $25 seems crazy??

Any thoughts?

I just recieved the adapter from Edset and now have the bike radio and CB (no mike output for CB) But ties into my Collett communicators which my wife and I use bike to bike. Voice activated either of us talk or cell phone rings the radio is muted. Works great for us! Ken!

I just recieved the adapter from Edset and now have the bike radio and CB (no mike output for CB) But ties into my Collett communicators which my wife and I use bike to bike. Voice activated either of us talk or cell phone rings the radio is muted. Works great for us! Ken!

Ken

Did you pay $85 Canadian for the adapter and shipping?

Birin