IGNORED

radiator drain plug retainer screw?????

Ok what I kneed is the size of the retainer screw that holds in the draincock plug. I had a leak that turned out to be a hose at the overflow bottle. In the process I noticed that the draincock was turned wrong at the dealors during the last repair work so I went to losen the screw so I could turn it to the prpoer positionand thats when I noticed no screw. So I need to know the thread size and length. Any help would be apreciated. . I intend on ordering the upgrade kit from skydoc but would like to get something so I can ride till then. Be as Earl is temperarily down.

Tahnks in advance.

DAvid

thanks dingy,

Ill head down to the local hardware store in the am. Been riding with it like that for about 3000 miles without any problems but I still amnot comfortable . Wasnt a problem before I found it, Im just scared it will build pressure and blow the plug out. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Thanks again

David

that screw should never need to be loosened. UNLESS you are removing the drain to clean it. FYI.. .the end of the screw is ground down and tapered to fit in a groove. A regular screw can damage the drain cock!!!

Dave,

Did you find something to work. I'll look a see if I still have an old one. If I do I can mail it off to ya. It will get ya by until Docs up and around.

Mike

He can have this one snaggletooth, or I can also get him a S.S. socket head & lock washer at hardware tomorrow and send it out tomorrow, along with a new O-ring.

Got a hardware a block from the house that has a lot of metric stuff.

I have a drain cock on workbench I can get size of O-ring size.

O-ring is a 13.8 I.D. x 2.4 mm thick, I have a new one in hand.

FYI.. .the end of the screw is ground down and tapered to fit in a groove. A regular screw can damage the drain cock!!!

Jason,

That's why I said it needed to be ground down and even gave him a picture of it.

Gary