IGNORED

Well I gone and done it.

Herb In Texas

Just general stuff, differences in wind or rain protection for rider and passenger, comfort for both, storage room, really just a general unbiased review from someone who has put some miles on both. Thanks.

jotted that stuff down and will try to make intelligent and concise comparisons.:7_6_3[1]:

First of all congrats herb!:sign woo hoo:

Just general stuff, differences in wind or rain protection for rider and passenger, comfort for both, storage room, really just a general unbiased review from someone who has put some miles on both. Thanks.

Only comparing to a first gen, as a second gen is a bit of a different animal...

Wind and rain are similar except if I open the foot warmers my toes don't get wet.

Passenger leans back more on the wing. I had to raise the floorboards as my wife is short and it was cutting her off at the thighs. (wide seat)

Storage is noticeably better on the wing.

Clutch on the wing is an off/on switch!

Brakes are touchy but easy to get used to.

I tried the ABS in the parking lot. It works quite well.

Longer wheelbase and clutch control on the wing makes it a bit of a logging truck at very low speeds but goes away when rolling.

Quite a bit heaver on the front end and will dig a bit when making a u turn in a wheat field.

Not as top heavy as the venture.

I think the cornering clearance on the venture is better but its still enough to be fun!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSltyrVW89s]YouTube- GL1800 gold wing practice.mov[/ame]

I havent put a lot of miles on mine yet ether but these are my impressions.

Scotty

Ok, you started it

I have always had an adverse reaction to a Dodge. As a matter of fact I would rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother in a Dodge.:witch_brew::rotf::stickpoke:

I purchased two Gold Wings new, a 1992 and a 1995. Now I know the 1800s are different, some say better, some say not. My point was I put 42,000+ miles on the 1992, and 18,000+ on the 1995 and I found that they were to good, to the point of being boring. I switched to Royal Stars in 1996 and have had 5. Now along with my 2007 Venture I ride my 2008 Stratoliner. The Strat gets most of my attention.

The more you ride that 1800, the more you're gonna like it. It will flat eat as many miles in a day that you can stand keep coming back for more. When I head out on mine, I never want to turn for home. Like my 1st gen, but more power, better high-speed stability, better brakes and more comfort for the misses.