IGNORED

Venture sighting in Petoskey Mi

The Black Pearl

Rode my bike to work (as most days) and either mon or tues a couple on a black rsv pulled into my parking lot at olsens plaza in petoskey, they pulled right up and looked at my bike for a minute so I head out to say hello as they pulled off. They headed south on US-31 just wondering if it was anyone from here?

:cool10:

My hometown, where I grew up, where I graduated from high school .. but haven't lived there in 35 years. Our Venture(s) has been in Petoskey quite a few times but it wasn't ours this time .. Will be over there in July though on the bike for a visit to Cathy's mother in Oden and brother out on the east end of Pickerell Lake.

Curt

My hometown, where I grew up, where I graduated from high school .. but haven't lived there in 35 years. Our Venture(s) has been in Petoskey quite a few times but it wasn't ours this time .. Will be over there in July though on the bike for a visit to Cathy's mother in Oden and brother out on the east end of Pickerell Lake.

Curt

Shoot me a line when you get around maybe we can grab lunch or a ride m119 the tunnel of trees is a fav of mine here:cool10:

Curt

class of '75??

class of '75??

Class of '74 for me, class of '75 for my wife Cathy :) . Class of 75 is having 35th reunion this year .. a good friend of mine from high school is one of the organizers; still surprised he's this involved with this considering he barely made it through and out of high school. Trying to get Cathy to attend, but she doesn't want too.

Edited by FJR Rider

Small world!! I "graduated" class of 75 as well. Though as an exchange student and one year in a US high school, it's more an experience thing. There's very few people I remember, one is a blond long haired girl in choir who was .... very good looking (shall we say), whom I want to affix the name Cathy to. And there was a guy in math who helped me an awful lot, can't remember his name though.

Small world!! I "graduated" class of 75 as well. Though as an exchange student and one year in a US high school, it's more an experience thing. There's very few people I remember, one is a blond long haired girl in choir who was .... very good looking (shall we say), whom I want to affix the name Cathy to. And there was a guy in math who helped me an awful lot, can't remember his name though.

Cathy was "very good looking", but not a blond and not in choir...but I think I know what blond you're talking about ;). While I was already out of high school, because Cathy was still in I did go a lot of the activities her and your senior year...football games, basketball games, dances, prom, and the "parties." I'm sure our paths crossed.

I'm like you, I don't remember a lot of people from high school, but I do remember a few and I do remember a lot stuff that happened. I think making it a little more difficult to remember is we moved away a few months after the '75 graduation and the closest we've lived since then is 300 miles away.

It's interesting going back to Petoskey now. My great-grandparents raised me and after I moved away in '75 they stayed a few more years and then sold their house and moved to Indiana to live out their years with their daughter....so I no longer have relatives up their. These days when I'm there I definitely feel like one of the "fudgies" us locals hated so much (we loved their money though) when I was growing up. But there have been times where I'm out at The Home Depot or Wally World picking something up for my mother-in-law (actually it's more like getting out of her house for a while) and someone will say "excuse me, you look familar, are you from here?" Conversation will get going and it will be someone I went to HS with....not too bad because I don't look anything like I did when I graduated 36 years ago!

Now on the other hand though, my wife's mother lives in Oden and she has two brothers living there, one out in the country east of Petoskey and the one she can't stand living in Conway....plus a crapload of aunts, uncles, and cousins in Cheboygan.

The class of '75 has had a lot tragedy over the years, much more than my class of '74...Mike Zerimski (spelling) died in a car crash summer of 76, along with several female passengers in his car (also from class 76); Tom Sheltraw drowned shortly after high school; Alex Campbell passed away a few years ago...there were others as well, but those are names I remember well because they were good friends.

Talk about thread hijacking...sorry about that guys!

Cathy was "very good looking", but not a blond and not in choir...but I think I know what blond you're talking about ;). While I was already out of high school, because Cathy was still in I did go a lot of the activities her and your senior year...football games, basketball games, dances, prom, and the "parties." I'm sure our paths crossed.

you better hope she's not reading this...

I'm like you, I don't remember a lot of people from high school, but I do remember a few and I do remember a lot stuff that happened. I think making it a little more difficult to remember is we moved away a few months after the '75 graduation and the closest we've lived since then is 300 miles away. Try 2500 miles

It's interesting going back to Petoskey now. My great-grandparents raised me and after I moved away in '75 they stayed a few more years and then sold their house and moved to Indiana to live out their years with their daughter....so I no longer have relatives up their. These days when I'm there I definitely feel like one of the "fudgies" us locals hated so much (we loved their money though) when I was growing up. But there have been times where I'm out at The Home Depot or Wally World picking something up for my mother-in-law (actually it's more like getting out of her house for a while) and someone will say "excuse me, you look familar, are you from here?" Conversation will get going and it will be someone I went to HS with....not too bad because I don't look anything like I did when I graduated 36 years ago! Amen to that!!

Talk about thread hijacking...sorry about that guys!

Ditto