IGNORED

Aux fuse box or inline?

I am installing a pair of Powerlets to my bike. The Powerlet comes with a very nice connector to go to the battery, along with an inline fuse.

However, I have an auxiliary fuse box under my seat. To hook up the Powerlet, I'd have to cut off the nice professional ends, then add connectors to let it attach to the fuse box. I think I would also cut away the bulky inline fuse.

What would you do? Go to the battery or go to the fuse box? Keep the inline fuse, or dump it?

Dave

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4618825544_4868782079_b.jpg

I thought the object of a fuse block was to allow extra protected power outlets. Doubling the fuse is redundant but it's done all the time.

my theory is that every time you have an extra connection, you have one more possible link for corrosion and failure.

jmho & :2cents:

I thought the object of a fuse block was to allow extra protected power outlets. Doubling the fuse is redundant but it's done all the time.

my theory is that every time you have an extra connection, you have one more possible link for corrosion and failure.

+1 to this... Unless you wanted that outlet hot all the time.

Use the fuse block for it's intention, I would cut the wires to length and crimp an end on...when you want to do it??

I think I'm gonna try it myself as I put her back together tonight. I'll pull out my trusty creme brulee torch. :banana:

jmho & :2cents:

Thanks, that's my thinking too.

+1 to this... Unless you wanted that outlet hot all the time.

The outlet will be hot all the time. It'll function mostly as a way to charge my electronic doo-dads while at lunch, but will also be a port for trickle charging.

Dave