IGNORED

Attention Nature Lovers

Kirby

This is written to inform any of you who may want to visit Callawy Gardens, Ga on a motorcycle. My wife has wanted to visit this pplace for a long time so we loaded up last Friday and rode over there expecting to see all the beautiful flower and fauna that this place is so famous for. After a trip of near 150 miles we pulled up to the gate and I jokingly asked the attendant what all we could see here other than flowers. To which she replied, "We don't allow motrcycles in the park!" We were shocked and asked why. The answer was "It's against the rules!" She suggested we could get off and walk through the park and my wife responded "No thanks!" So this is to let anyone who doesn't know already that motorcycles are not allowed.

Anyway we didn't let that ruin our 3 day weekend. We rode 1100 miles in northern GA before returning home and spent our money elsewhere.

I don't know yet if this is a state funded park, but if it is, someone's going to hear about this. I pay a lot of taxes every year to the state of Georgia.

All in all we had a great weekend in north GA.

This is written to inform any of you who may want to visit Callawy Gardens, Ga on a motorcycle. My wife has wanted to visit this pplace for a long time so we loaded up last Friday and rode over there expecting to see all the beautiful flower and fauna that this place is so famous for. After a trip of near 150 miles we pulled up to the gate and I jokingly asked the attendant what all we could see here other than flowers. To which she replied, "We don't allow motrcycles in the park!" We were shocked and asked why. The answer was "It's against the rules!" She suggested we could get off and walk through the park and my wife responded "No thanks!" So this is to let anyone who doesn't know already that motorcycles are not allowed.

Anyway we didn't let that ruin our 3 day weekend. We rode 1100 miles in northern GA before returning home and spent our money elsewhere.

I don't know yet if this is a state funded park, but if it is, someone's going to hear about this. I pay a lot of taxes every year to the state of Georgia.

All in all we had a great weekend in north GA.

I could be mistaken but how much you want to bet there were some loud bikes or fast crotch rockets that ruined it for all of us, just sayin.

We went there about 5 years ago and the same rule then no bikes. Its a private park and they can do what they want. They sent a tram down to the gate to pick us up and it was worth the trip. The bad part was it took the tram about an hour to come get us to go back to the gate and get the bikes.

Yes, Callaway Gardens is a private park and they do have a no motorcycle rule and yes there have been mass rides to the gates to try and change it.

But the area itself is great riding. Over the "mountain" to Manchester, GA is a great ride with little traffic and a good road. Just up the road and east is Warm Springs home of the "Little White House" home to FDR. A tour of the fish hatchery here is a good few hours and very interesting. To the North is LaGrange, GA and just out side of town is the "West Point Lake" 25,000 acres of water with all kinds of things to do. For those that camp you have got your pick of places.

If you have the time continue north and you will find some really good riding, the towns of Carrolton, and Rome have more than enough to keep you interested. Just outside of Lafayete, Ga is "Cloudland Canyon State Park" very interesting place and very little traffic. If you have worked you way this far north in Georgia you are just outside of Chattanooga, a ride through the Civil War battlefield very early in the morning is a time that will stir the soul.

So we traveled from Central West Georgia to North Georgia, just a few days time.

What am I doing sitting here typing - let's go ride!

Steve N

Yes, Callaway Gardens is a private park and they do have a no motorcycle rule and yes there have been mass rides to the gates to try and change it.

But the area itself is great riding. Over the "mountain" to Manchester, GA is a great ride with little traffic and a good road. Just up the road and east is Warm Springs home of the "Little White House" home to FDR. A tour of the fish hatchery here is a good few hours and very interesting. To the North is LaGrange, GA and just out side of town is the "West Point Lake" 25,000 acres of water with all kinds of things to do. For those that camp you have got your pick of places.

If you have the time continue north and you will find some really good riding, the towns of Carrolton, and Rome have more than enough to keep you interested. Just outside of Lafayete, Ga is "Cloudland Canyon State Park" very interesting place and very little traffic. If you have worked you way this far north in Georgia you are just outside of Chattanooga, a ride through the Civil War battlefield very early in the morning is a time that will stir the soul.

So we traveled from Central West Georgia to North Georgia, just a few days time.

What am I doing sitting here typing - let's go ride!

Steve N

This sounds exactly like what we did over the weekend, along with traveling across the northern border with Tn, NC, and SC. We had a ball.

I don't do group rides anymore but at one time (and maybe it still happens) Callaway Gardens had a day for motorcycles. It is a nice place to go, the flowers, butterfly house, bird show, and the Christmas lights and other events are well worth the money. Yeah, I would like to be able to ride my bike through the park anytime I wanted, but it is their house and I have to respect their rules or do without.