I'm looking at aftermarket slip on mufflers' and can't decide on which brand. In no certain order, but looking at Bub sleepers, khromewerks and roadhouse. I'm looking for a deep low sound at idle and while cruising, not something that has a loud bark or cracking sound while accelerating. I've listened to different sound clips, but kind of diifficult to decide on the which types with the sound coming out of small speakers. I've tried the roadking mufflers and sound ok at idle but have what I call a fluffing sound and when accelerating they bark, so back to stock for now. Any suggestions would be helpful, as I've noticed slip on's for the venture are rather pricey. Put a post on several days ago about my venture and actually looked at a new wing yesterday, but not quite ready to give up the venture yet, so I'm considering slip on's and the leveling links for the rear to help on the handling at low speeds. Still trying to get a handle on this bike and with the research on this site and other's I don't want to make a mistake and regret it later, thanks..

I just purchased some Roadhouse mufflers from a member here. I'll get back to you.

Someone called me last week wanting to buy my Venture. Probably a lookie lou but you never know. I'll wait and see if this happens by end of next week. When I gave my price I heard "I don't quite have that much" of which I replied "save the trip down then".

If he does buy my Venture then I'll have them for sale. I bought the ones listed in the classifieds.

tt

I actually emailed the seller earlier this week about those slip on's and he said he sold them, and he had to remove his ad, but it's still there. The roadhouse looks to be a nice quality muffler, let me know your thoughts and the sound quality if you don't sell the bike. May look into those myself, if you sell the bike I may be interested, Thanks....

I actually emailed the seller earlier this week about those slip on's and he said he sold them, and he had to remove his ad, but it's still there. The roadhouse looks to be a nice quality muffler, let me know your thoughts and the sound quality if you don't sell the bike. May look into those myself, if you sell the bike I may be interested, Thanks....

Still in box. Waiting for reply.

I'm not holding my breath either but stranger things have happened.

hh

newventure

i just purchased roadhouse pipes....i listened to sound bites on this web site and on you tube,...plus, many comments on different pipes on this site......which you need to do also....and these seemed to fit the bill of low rumble ,not loud.....well they do have a low rumble , but they were still too loud for me at cruise...i wasn't gonna waste $360........so... i squeezed the middle of the baffles down ....and stuffed a copper scrub pad in each one ..couldn't find stainless steel yet....it's a lot better...also...there is no chrome around one of the mounting tabs...the copper is showing...and i mention that because another post on here mentioned their pipes were showing rust........

good luck...

I have a set of Baron's Bag Slash Nasty Boys for sale for $275 if anyone is interested. They have only been used four days and the baffels are already wrapped with fiberglass. going to put them in classifieds and on ebay tonight.

I have a set of Baron's Bag Slash Nasty Boys for sale for $275 if anyone is interested. They have only been used four days and the baffels are already wrapped with fiberglass. going to put them in classifieds and on ebay tonight.

There ya go!

Buy the way the Chrome on my Roadhouse pipes are perfect. No worry on rust in Arizona if that's a problem.

hh

I looked at those as well. Maybe with the turn outs facing the sides may be why they are a little loud for your riding buddy. I have vance and hines on a vulcan classic and they have the tips that can be rotated and when their turned to the side they are a little louder vs. being rotated to the rear of the bike and the exhaust coming straight out the back. Didn't believe it myself but it's true. Decided on a set of barons another member has for sale. Looking forward to the upgrade. Thanks...

We do a lot of fund raiser rides and event rides here in the summer, and all the HD boys torment us 'nice riders' with our quiet bikes etc.. So I picked up a pair of Larossa downturn pipes last summer and mounted them on the bike..

All I can say is that I need earplugs to ride the bike with them on and I can see the HD boy's lips moving but I can't hear what they are shouting at.. LOL..

A V4 with open pipes is one hell of a nice sound, albeit LOUD sound..

I only put them on for special occasions.. ;)

I have the Barron's. I like them OK, but compared to the HardKrome Strippers on my Mean Streak I was a little disappointed. I've had them for about a year now. They look good and sound fine. I recently saw a video clip on this site of the LA Chopper slip ons. They sounded great. Of course you know how video and sound clips are over the computer.

I have the Barons bag slash's, they sound good, nice tone. But they lean towards the louder end of the spectrum i would say. If anybody wants fishtails, I bought a set of V-Twin mfg. slip ons off of ebay. They sound great, really nice sound, but really loud. At about 70 they just have that nice throb sound, at 80 - 85 the sound is alot louder and kind of sharp as well, but i got them reasonable enough. With these you have to fab a mnt. bracket. They are a smooth pipe. I rode 270 miles yesterday with 4 HD's. I said I might take them off and go back to the Barons, all 4 said to leave em on. They love em, but they arent sitting in the seat.