IGNORED

Can someone help me please me?

Iowawegian

That's a dynamite idea - my first question, is does crude oil behave as does refined oil ? If they are equal, what's the holdup in not implementing that method ?

oooops - had a thought

That could possibly work if the price of the hay is increased to $5000 a bale ( 70# bale ) and increase the price of distribution to match government standards.

hhhmmmm good point, think I have some hay for sale!!

That's a dynamite idea - my first question, is does crude oil behave as does refined oil ? If they are equal, what's the holdup in not implementing that method ?

oooops - had a thought

That could possibly work if the price of the hay is increased to $5000 a bale ( 70# bale ) and increase the price of distribution to match government standards.

hhhmmmm good point, think I have some hay for sale!!

Don't you actually have oil absorption media for sale? Or maybe advanced oil attractant. That's gotta be worth more than mere hay.

As to the video itself: Sure looks impressive from here.

Back in about '72 the carrier I was on accidentally pumped several thousand gallons of oil over the side about a mile outside Athens harbor. The crew fighting the spill pumped chemicals on it that were supposed to bind with it and "neutralize" it. The mixture sank.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Then the tide went in and the stuff coated the beach. Very nasty. Everybody who wasn't "on the beach" for the weekend got to scrape the first half inch of sand off the entire Athens beach.

Sometimes the magic doesn't work.

Seems to me we're going to need all the ideas. Straw, hay, hair, and a fleet of boats with long hoses that can pump that stuff up and filter it out of the water it's mixed with.

How much oil did he put in the water? Maybe a quart between the two bowls?

He talked when removing the hay from one bowl about "only 1/4 lb. hay". So that would be 2lbs hay for each gallon of oil. How many thousands of gallons are leaking a day?

Seems like it would take a lot of hay. Nellie might have to go hungry.......