IGNORED

Good Long Weekend ride

Eddie Fulmer

Well we've been planning it for quite a while and we finally got to go. 9 Riders left Tuscaloosa Alabama Friday for a leisurely trip to Natchez Ms. We rode out 82 W past Starkville Ms and got on the Natchez Trace. What a great ride that is. If you are not into speed and want a slow pace for a change try this one out. We stayed the night in Natchez and left the next morning for Pascagoula, ms. The best part about this ride is that we weren't in a hurry and had plenty of time. We stopped every 1-1 1/2 hours just because we could. On the way to Pascagoula we made a special effort to cross the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway. This is the longest bridge in the world and I wanted to cross it. 24 miles is a long ride over the water. At the middle it was hard to tell where you were as the land was far far away and barely visible. After the trip north on the causeway we headed for the coast and took 90 over to Pascagoula. The ride along the coast was most enjoyable and the beaches were really cleaner than I thought they would be. The 2 year old damage was still very visible, although mostly just building foundations that had been cleaned off. We left Pascagoula around 8am for Tuscaloosa, Al and arrived about 3pm, I said we weren't in a hurry didn't I? I'll be planing another ride similar to this one in the near future. We really saw a lot of bikes on the road this weekend and the weather was great.