IGNORED

HF Trailer

mike_kelly_68

That's also what I use. I bolted down a roof top cargo carrier for a car onto it. Works great! I also mounted the axle on top of the leaf springs instead of under them to save a couple inches. I didn't think about it at the time that I could have removed the extra leaf too to save a bit of weight. I don't think I'll be hauling anything heavy enough to need it. You might also want to put some rubber hose or something around the bolts that hold the leaves to the frame on the rear of the leaves. When you have a light load, it can make a lot of noise when you hit bumps. I also built a longer tongue with a swivel to help with trailer sway and to help unhook it when the ground is uneven.

You might also want to put some rubber hose or something around the bolts that hold the leaves to the frame on the rear of the leaves.

I used a heavy rubber truck mudflap and just cut some strips off it to fit. A little "trick" ... I glued mine to the spring and then tied them tight with some wire...prevents them from slip-sliding sideways, etc.

This was on the flat part of the leaves where they fit into the ... I'll call it a "floating hangar"

Thats the one I used for my trailer, same price and also used the 20% off coupon.

I cut mine down to fit the Sears topper, flipped the axle raised the fenders, added cooler rack and LED lights.

Hey I know where that pic was taken.....:cool10:

I really need to get started on my trailer.

You might also want to put some rubber hose or something around the bolts that hold the leaves to the frame on the rear of the leaves. When you have a light load, it can make a lot of noise when you hit bumps.

:sign yeah that:

There is also a metal bracket that the spring rides on when the trailer isn't bouncing. I put a strip of old inner tube above it (away from the spring) to take up some of the extra gap and damp the rattle from that side.