IGNORED

Selling my 86 Venture

ctraylor

Okay guys I bought another bike and don't need both so I am selling my 1986 Venture. Alot of you guys saw it at the International Meet in Harrison last summer. I want to give you guys a shot before I put it in the paper. I will sell the bike along with the custom built trailer for $3000.00. It has 60,000 miles and I wouldn't be afraid to go anywhere on it. I rode it to Charolette, NC last summer. This is a really nice bike.

Curtis Traylor

870-405-3693

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs124.snc1/5333_126247972121_832227121_2291135_433058_n.jpg

Edited by ctraylor
Adding Picture

Question: Why the BMW? Have been looking at them as well. They seem to have final drive issues in some. :mo money: I have been looking at some that have had this replaced. Reading that most people that are riding them really like them. I rode one for about three hours and I must say was impressed. Especially in the twisties.

Semper Fi

Mavericksix

This is the best riding bike I have ever been on. I love my Venture and will always have respect for them because they have hauled me for many miles, but this BMW has really impressed me. More power and a constant 50 mpg at 70 mph. It is also fuel injected which is nice on a cold crank.

I have been looking for a newer bike to supplement my '86 VR. I like the looks and features on the 1200LT BMW, but the couple of times I have sat on one on a showroom floor, they didn't seem to fit me nice like the VR does. If you don't mind my asking, what is your basic size (ht/wt etc) just approx, and does the wide engine bother you? Do you have forward pegs and do they work well?

I am a big guy weight wise, and just under 6' tall. 30" inseam. The VR suits me very well, haven't found any other bike that feels that good, the Harley Ultra is as close as anything. I rode a Victory Vision for a short ride, and it fit OK, but didn't like the vibration and the style is a bit too outlandish for me.

BMW LT's are pretty affordable used compared to a lot of bikes, but service is tough to come by. I know BMW cars can be very pricey to get work on, have you had any thoughts on service down the road?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I am about 5'9" and weight about 280. I have a 30" inseam about your size I guess. The seat hight on the BMW is a little higher than the Venture but I can still get both balls of my feet on the ground. When the wife is on I can get both feet flat on the ground. The BMW seems a little more top heavy to me but the ride and handling makes up for it. I expecially like the reverse. That was a problem with the Venture. It has heated seats and hand grips which are nice in colder weather. I will try to take some pictures this weekend and put on here.

You forgot to tell them about the straight pipes you put on there! Makes it sound sweet. If the new owner doesn't want them, I'll trade you a stock set of mufflers to put on there!

Good luck on the sell, hope it goes quick, that's a real nice bike.

Dan

Hey Dano, yes these are custom exhaust pipes with a baffle installed so that they will talk when you hit the throttle yet quieten down while cruising at highway speeds. I have pulled this trailer some 5000 miles trouble free. Trailere has a dirt bike trailing arm with a mono shock and rides smooth. You can go over speed bumps and can't hardly feel the trailer when it hits them.

It doesn't seem no one is interested so I will list it locally in the paper. Call me if anyone is interested.

870-405-3693

Might as well put it out for everyone to see. Let's face it...you're preaching to the choir, and everyone already has a robe.... I posted my '83 here and on CL. Never received any interest here, but had 3 CL email requests for more pics the first day, and sold it in 3. :)