Does anyone have a clear taillight lens they would be willing to sell? I can't find just a clear lens. I am planning on purchasing an led taillight from radiantz or custom dynamics, and would like to get a clear lens to go with them. I realize clear alternatives makes an led kit that comes with a clear lens, but it has no license plate lights like the others, so I don't want that one.

05 RSTD

JP cycles sells a clear lense. I've got the custom dynamic led's and if I'm not mistaken they produce a white light.

The 100 LED taillight I just got from Custom Dynamics has red LEDs. The photo is with the lens removed.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4580268798_037960592f.jpg

The Custom Dynamics board works just fine with the stock lens. It is very bright for daylight or night riding. I did have to modify the board slightly. I slightly opened the holes where it mounts so the board would set a little deaper into the light allowing the lens to seal better.

Mike

The red LEDs are brighter through a clear lens. The red lens filters some of the red light. Yes, it works just fine through a red lens, but it's brighter with a clear. It's also brighter through a smoke lens than a red one, just not as much as the clear.