IGNORED

Speakers

Little Bob

Do they make it in the right size?

Are they waterproof? E.g.: "or marine applications" listed on the packaging.

Will they fit? E.g.: are they too deep?

Can you please provide a URL to the model you were thinking about at manufactures web site?

Yes they make the right size. Magent is only 1.75 deep. Plenty of room to get them in. They are all rubber no paper componets. Dealer said no problem with water. As they really don't get wet that much. Bought the base blockers for the sounds the speakers can not reproduce. Total less than $100.

i don't know about these speakers but my friend put very expensive replacement speakers in his GoldWing. Although i am a professional musician and have a good grasp on tone, he asked "don't these sound much better?' and I lied and said yes ....but I really couldn't tell hardly any difference for his $300. Good mids and not much bass just like the old speakers. You can tell when really bad speakers are replaced but the speakers on a Venture are quite good for 4" cones, and there is just not a a lot of bang for your buck in upgrading...unless your speakers are damaged.

Edited by qdude

I do not know what rear speakers I have but I fade the speakers 2+ to the rear and love the sound. I listen to Xm radio and a Ipod. Beatles to Bach to Jimmy Buffett. Sometimes very high volume... Radar Love, Born to be wild....many others.

Cb

I also run XM with a boast to the rear speakers, gives a better balance.

Bob it's not a waste of money if you noticed an improvement and are happy with the sound. Its kinda hard to get high fidelity sound with so much wind noise while moving... 4" speakers will only deliver 4" sound. The Goldwing 1800 has a nicer stereo system, but there is little difference in the sound quality with a Venture even after the Wing had new upgraded speakers. I guess I'm of the opinion that a small gain in tonal quality is in the ear of the listener and I'm not going worry about speakers until they get scratchy.

Edited by qdude