IGNORED

Caveman with Skydoc_17's Fuse Box

This Caveman has Skydoc_17's fuse box upgrade and needs help. I must be pre-caveman cause I missed something in the instructions or just not getting it.

I think I have more going on at the top of the fusebox (see attached image) than in the instructions. I might have a noise suppressor and the battery mod plugged into one of the screws at the top.

This is where I am stuck and do not know what to do.

Why don't you sell me that bike while it is still a motocycle...before it goes up in flames with that foil wrapped fuse in there.

Good greif man...take that out of there. :crying:

:stickpoke:

I knew someone would say something about that. That is why I am attempting the upgrade.

It is really there to make up for the space between the fuse and the broken fuse holder. Also, this bike never gets ridden so it wont hurt, lol.

Oh, that was the fix when it broke on me while I was stuck in traffic during rush hour traffic in Dallas. Damn near got run over a few times by cars driving in the emergency lane - where I was.

It is really there to make up for the space between the fuse and the broken fuse holder. Also, this bike never gets ridden so it wont hurt, lol.

Uh-HUH......you go with that story........:stickpoke::sign funny post:

Seriously tho, I am glad youre fixing that mess on Brownie, i would hate to see her burn down. Mine is till original, so keep me posted how it goes...

Brian

This Caveman has Skydoc_17's fuse box upgrade and needs help. I must be pre-caveman cause I missed something in the instructions or just not getting it.

I think I have more going on at the top of the fusebox (see attached image) than in the instructions. I might have a noise suppressor and the battery mod plugged into one of the screws at the top.

This is where I am stuck and do not know what to do.

Well if I am wrong somebody will let us know, but I have been working on the same thing. The 5 glass fuses are strait though fuses. What I mean by that is they come in on one side go through the fuse and strait out the other side. Just hook them up on the new fuse box the same as they are. One wire goes in the other wire comes out with a fuse in between them. It will make no difference which wire is on which side.

The screw on the top left is the ground. All wire hooked to it need to be grounded.

The screw on the top right has a red/black wire coming to it. That wire is a constant hot strait from the key switch. There is no fuse in line with it, so I don't know what all is hooked up to it but when you change it make sure that you put a fuse in between them. I would say somebody added some things to your bike and just hooked them up to the hot screw. All you need to do is make sure to hook each of the wires up to a fuse.

The screw on the top right has a red/black wire coming to it. That wire is a constant hot strait from the key switch. There is no fuse in line with it, so I don't know what all is hooked up to it but when you change it make sure that you put a fuse in between them.

The top fuse in the box should be wired to the top right screw terminal in the fuse block.

It is the one labeled 'ACC'

Schematics shows a 10 amp fuse.

This terminal/fuse is energized when the key is in the 'On' or 'Accessory' positions only.

Gary

Each bit helps a little more but not enough. :bang head:

So, I will just keep it simple. I will just put an in-line fuse there and be done with it. Shoulda done that to begin with and I can handle that. Maybe try and sell the kit at a loss at MX day.

Oh yea, and take a hammer to that motionpro carb sync and spend another $100 on a carbtune.

Sorry if I sound frustrated. I just am lately with this bike.