IGNORED

Fuse on when the bike is running

tsigwing

Is there a fuse that is on only when the bike is running? Would like to add a relay for new HID headlight and wire the relay to come on only after the bike has started.

Just a suggestion, but add a normally open oil pressure switch. I think there is an oil pressure tap port on the lower right side of the engine, behind the oil level window.

Tap the "supply" wire to the dimmer switch* and run it to one terminal on the oil pressure switch. Then run a wire to the #85 terminal on the relay and run a wire from #86 to a suitable ground.

Run a fused suitable sized wire from the (+) battery post to terminal 30 on the relay and from terminal #87 to the HID circuit...

*Since I haven't seen the schematic for the HID hook up, I don't know, but you may need to cut the supply wire to the dimmer switch.:think:

Just a suggestion, but add a normally open oil pressure switch. I think there is an oil pressure tap port on the lower right side of the engine, behind the oil level window.

Tap the "supply" wire to the dimmer switch* and run it to one terminal on the oil pressure switch. Then run a wire to the #85 terminal on the relay and run a wire from #86 to a suitable ground.

Aren't oil pressure switches just variable resistors?

This would give you a changing load in the control circuit of the relay.

The coil of a standard auto type relay only draws about 250 milliamps, so almost any of the powered circuits would be able to withstand that amount of increased load.

Gary

Yes, but will the on/off oil switch carry the current load of the lights

My suggestion is that the oil pressure switch be in the control circuit (terminal 85 or 86) of the relay, which would in turn carry the load between terminals 30 and 87.