IGNORED

2008 Venture performance

Guest RichG

Even with the 67 hp engine, the '97 RS is no mousey motor. Wind it up against the rev limiter (you won't hurt it!!!) in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and it will surprise you! :backinmyday:

After 96 in 3rd, I haven't wound on it much in 4th. :no-no-no:

These engines are a version of the original V-max engine,, which produced peak HP at 8500 rpms and would pull to 10000rpms, if the 8000rpm rev-limiter was disconnected. Now all years of Royal Stars are tuned milder, and I an not sure they will pull even to 8500, but I don't doubt they have no problem charging past the 5600rpms of the rev limiter if you disconnect it. I believe with the rev-limiter still connected top speed is about 90 on the speedo, probably 96 or 97 actually. I really never ride that fast anymore, and if I did the Venture would not be my bike of choice.. I would get an FJR.

There may be a way of disconnecting it but I'm not aware of it. The only way I know of is to go with an aftermarket ignition module, I have a Dyna 3000 on my RSV. It allows you to change it. I have mine set on 7500. They don't recommend going any higher unless you also change to heavier valve springs. In fact, I think they actually say to not go above 7250 but I figure they were just trying to play it safe. :)