IGNORED

Thank you all

etohio

Thanks very much for all the help I got in getting my 88 Venture running. I had bought this bike as a non-runner. A friend put me on to it since he knew I was looking for a 88 Wing and he had a friend that had medical problems and needed to get rid of his Venture (I had never heard of a Venture).

Clutch did not work so rebuilt master and slave (I would never of believed that the slave would come out of that little hole if it had not been for the posts) brakes needed bleeding. There was a mouse house in the radio compartment. Needed a new battery. Very very bad gas in the tank. Choke would not move because of dried gas. Carbs were gunked up so I replaced every rubber part in carbs (did not know Yamaha rubber could be so expensive) I did get the diaphrams from ebay. I also replaced the carb screws with stainless socket screws. I did do the resistor thing to get the bat light to go off. Repaired the securing pins for the side covers. Replaced fuel filter and changed oil, filter and rear end grease. Changed the o-ring in the draining/running valve. Replaced spark plug wires caps and spark plugs. Got progressive springs for front. Polish clean polish clean polish clean.

Got the carbs back on hit the started and started right up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sync the carbs, got new tags and insurance, got it off the work table and took the first ride. What a change from rideing smaller bikes. I was surprised how good it sounds, I thought it would sound more like a Wing but sounds more like my Trident. I took it up on the 4lane and pushed it a little when I checked my speed I was doing 75 and I was not realy pushing it. Looks like I have a bike I can take a trip on with less than 40000 miles and a total investment of about $2800. This would not of been possible without all of your help.

Thanks,

Ed :thumbsup2: