IGNORED

Polk Speaker Installation

scope59

Making sure you get positive wire to positive speaker connection, negative to negative. Use good rosin core solder, and heatshrink or liquid tape the soldered connections. Helps keep the nasties out, and the electrons in!!:680:

I am in the process of installing Polk speakers. For those of you that have done this mod, how did you connect the speakers to the existing speaker wires? Solder etc....

Thanks,

Steve

If you are asking this question because you are looking at the existing connectors and then the pins on the speaker itself and you recognize that they are different sizes, then here's what you need to do. As close as possible to the end of the existing connectors on the wires that are presently connected to the existing speakers, you need to snip them and strip them and then crimp on the proper size. Make sure you mark which colored wire came off pos/neg in advance. Then it is just a matter of slipping them on to the new pins on the new speakers, The connectors I bought at Advanced Auto are so damn tight, I had to use small needle nose to help push them on. No solder required. Been this way for quite a while with no connection issues.