IGNORED

Ready for the Road - Better than it has ever been

RedRider

Finally finished getting everything together after doing a variety of maintenance jobs on Red. Backed it out of the Mancave and it wouldn't go forward. Felt like I had an emergency brake on. Knew this wasn't right, so I had my boys push me back into the cave and did a little troubleshooting.

Quickly realized that the drive shaft was not properly engaged with the U-Joint. It was laying next to the U-joint rather than in it. Quickly took all the rear end stuff off so I could unmount and remount the pumpkin. This time I got it in there properly.

Put it back together, pushed it out of the cave, threw on the helmet (new Aria - maiden voyage for that too), and took off. First stop was the neighborhood gas station to fill up with fresh gas. Next was to hit the highway and let Red stretch its legs. And stretch it did. WOW! She now has more performance than I have ever felt.

One of the carb boots was not seated properly when I took it apart. I assume it had been like that since I bought it with 9000 mile on her. There are now 75000 miles. It felt different decelerating also. No popping, banging, or smell of gas.

Looking forward to seeing how my gas mileage has changed.

It really was wonderful getting some wind in my face - if only for about 15 miles.

RR

Edited by RedRider