IGNORED

Handle Bars Wobble

Sonnyboy

I purchased an 09 Venture new last April and have a little over 9000 miles on it now. I was in a long sweeper at highway speed and took my left hand off to set the cruise and a wobble started to come in as soon as I removed my hand. I checked the front and rear suspension, pressures and alignment and everything seemed fine. Took it out and tried it again and it did the same thing again. Have since noticed that it occurs at a lower highway speed when I am riding double. I was wondering if the scoops in the fairing could be causing this at speed when turning and also if the leveling links might help out. It stops as soon as both hands are on the bars and there aren't any impulses felt in the bars when riding under any conditions. Wondering if it is just a quirk of the bike at speed.

If your tires (specifically the front) are getting worn, or the air pressure is down, you can get a wobble.

I would check the steering head as well, but my first guess would be tires.

You might check air pressure in the forks as well.

Guest scarylarry
I purchased an 09 Venture new last April and have a little over 9000 miles on it now. I was in a long sweeper at highway speed and took my left hand off to set the cruise and a wobble started to come in as soon as I removed my hand. I checked the front and rear suspension, pressures and alignment and everything seemed fine. Took it out and tried it again and it did the same thing again. Have since noticed that it occurs at a lower highway speed when I am riding double. I was wondering if the scoops in the fairing could be causing this at speed when turning and also if the leveling links might help out. It stops as soon as both hands are on the bars and there aren't any impulses felt in the bars when riding under any conditions. Wondering if it is just a quirk of the bike at speed.

My 09 did the same thing check the head bearings tight air pressure in tires check, ok..

Even had the dealer check the balance on the tires, after a lot of reading here and talking to other owners,they all said same thing it is bridgestone tires, they are great tire for ab 2k then they will get a noise and have some wobble in them... After u check all the safety issues that is where I would look next...

Good point! If they are the Bridgestone tires about 9000 is about when the back tire gets to the end of it's life.

V7Goose did extensive research and found that the handling gets squirley on the bike when the rear Bridgestone gets worn almost completely or gets squared off.

Checked the head bearing and tire pressures. Tires still have plenty of life left but reading what you all said about the Bridgestones, which came on the bike, I went home at lunch, rolled them and rechecked depth in a few places and found that one side of the tire is worn more in spots. Almost like it has sections with softer rubber. Thanks to all. I thought it was me as I never felt anything before this year. Looks like the Elite 3's will be going on shortly. Again thanks to all for the input.

IF the DEALER checked the head brgs Dont take their word for knowing what they are doing..mine said mine was ok but still wobbled..I tightened myself per instructions on here and it solved the problem. It only takes very little adjustment to correct the problem.

Guest Swifty
Avons by far are the best. Track and handle awsome. And I get 18K and near30K rear and front respectively.

18000 miles on a rear Avon???

...hmmm...yeah...well...uhhhh....

I knew those 2nd gen odometers were off, but that far off is absolutely crazy.