Anyone know if they make a after market kickstand yet for a lowered 2006 RSTD?

Never read about one here. Might be something that one of our 'welders' might be able to do on an exchange basis??? Cut an inch or two out of the shaft below the loop and reweld, grind smoothe, and rechrome or let the owner deal with the chroming....

I have just read that a 1996-2001 Royal Star stand is 2 inches shorter than a stock Venture stand and is a stock install.. I have lowered my 2005 front and rear. I am going to order a R/S stand today.

Cb

PLEASE send me a message when you find out if it works or not work ! I do not read all the posts and I do not want to miss what you find out. I have already marked this post but sometimes I delete them before I read them.

thanks Cb

Never read about one here. Might be something that one of our 'welders' might be able to do on an exchange basis??? Cut an inch or two out of the shaft below the loop and reweld, grind smoothe, and rechrome or let the owner deal with the chroming....

Weld it back with stainless rod, you won't have to rechrome. The chrome is tough enough on these kickstands that it does not pop off when hot. Just dress it with a dremel and polish it a little and you are good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the kickstand that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

It's now on the bike and the lean angle is perfect. No more worrying about it being too upright.

The only thing is that with the early Royal Star kickstand, the mounting hole is smaller so the dealer had to drill out the hole to get the stock bolt through it.

Also, as mentioned earlier, I ordered the new spring and it was required.

I'm now a happy camper.:cool10:

• 1 month later...