IGNORED

Cruise won't maintain mph

I have 2000 RSV. Tried out the cruise yesterday and when "cruise set" i locks the cruise at about 5 mph slower than what I'm traveling. Then I have to press accel to get up to speed. Then it will only hold that speed for 1/2 mile or so and start slowing down. I can keep pressing accel up but bike won't hold speed on it's own. I this something I can look at fixing myself? or do I need to bring it in?

Is the CC actually turning off or just slowing down? If it's disengaging then their could be a few things to try one being the clutch or brake lever and see if they are causing it to shut off. You might also have to check/adjust the throttle cable because it attaches to the CC under the tank of the left side.

Did you recently have any cable or hose work done to the bike before?

I had an issue where my CC wasn't working after the janitors at the steelership installed braided steel hose and cables on my bike.. Turns out they pinched the actuated cable when they put things back together again..

But before that, I also found my CC wasn't playing nice.. it would sloooowly bleed off speed or disengage when I hit a bump.. but once they unstuck the cable and lubed the works, this bike now holds its speed very well and is quick reacting to hills and such.. quite interesting compared to before.

Unfortunately, every bolt or screw they touched was torqued or tightened, thus causing the loss of hardware and me having to tighten everything down again.. Tech who did the work must have had been a Harley tech before.. I dunno.. wasn't impressed, and not going back there again... ever.. blech.