IGNORED

front brake sticking

bike nut

I bought a 83 venture last year.The front brake keeps seizing.This spring I put new brake pads all around.I Took apart the brake system and cleaned it.I bled the system and the front brake gets tighter and tighter.It eventually siezes up again.What could be wrong

I also have an 83 and had the same problem, what I actually found out was it was the rear brake was building pressure in the line and causing the front to also lock up. Next time put it up on the center stand and see if the back wheel is free. I changed all the pads and the rear resv. and its working better now. Dont know what was causing it. Did you clean the area where the pads sit in the caliper, I found a lot of buildup there that was not letting the pads move freely.

I bought a 83 venture last year.The front brake keeps seizing.This spring I put new brake pads all around.I Took apart the brake system and cleaned it.I bled the system and the front brake gets tighter and tighter.It eventually siezes up again.What could be wrong

The cause of a lot of this is the rear brake master being over filled with fluid. As it heats up it expands and has no where to go other than the brake lines causing the brakes to drag. Some lock up.

As the proportioning valve is 30/70 (30 rear / 70 front) you would feel it quite a bit in the front brake.

Remove some fluid from the rear master and see it that helps.

Mike

The cause of a lot of this is the rear brake master being over filled with fluid. As it heats up it expands and has no where to go other than the brake lines causing the brakes to drag. Some lock up.

As the proportioning valve is 30/70 (30 rear / 70 front) you would feel it quite a bit in the front brake.

Remove some fluid from the rear master and see it that helps.

Mike

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

And carry a wad of paper towels and a 8mm wrench when you try it out. If it starts to seize just crack the bleeder and let off pressure. Catch it with paper towels.