IGNORED

Wheel Fun!

Riderduke came down for a little "wheel" work with us this weekend! :cool10:Just a few pics of Sleeperhawk "teaching" Riderduke how to ungrease and grease! Humm, I think the guys got more on them than on the bike!:whistling: Thankfully, I did not have my camera when the garage monster (cousin to the pond monster) showed up !:eek: Bear30, you would have been proud of Riderduke!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Took the bike out for a short ride to check things out and everything was AOKAY! Good job guys!

Fun time!!!:bighug:

Edited by Sleeperhawk's Mechanic

Who is Bear30 ?

RiderDuke is getting quite a bit of wrench time here lately . He helped me with bleeding my clutch when I was at the Dookie-Den at the last Va M & E . Also Thanks to BugFish for bringing his vacuum bleeder over for use. It still did not fix the issue of the slipping clutch , but I think I cured that today .

Today I took the clutch apart , refinished the steel plates with 400 grit emery cloth . Mic'd the fibers and nothing less than .118 ,still within tolerance . The steels were tarnished really bad , so I cross sanded them to make the shiny again . Checked for warping and still within tolerance . Re-assembled and took out on a test ride for 50 miles or so . No slippage as of yet so far . Just a few more little details to perform and we are ready for MD .

BEER30

It is amazing what a difference new tires make! :thumbsup2:

Sleeperhawk replaced both front and rear tires this last week with a LOT of pure maintenance work. We had not had a chance to take the bike out for a longer ride until Saturday afternoon with Riderduke to check his bike out after the work the guys did!:)

Wow, it felt like the bike was adhered to the road with no "slipping feeling" and the threads were not all that worn on the old tires!:wow:

We are ready to ride now!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Who is Bear30 ?

RiderDuke is getting quite a bit of wrench time here lately . He helped me with bleeding my clutch when I was at the Dookie-Den at the last Va M & E . Also Thanks to BugFish for bringing his vacuum bleeder over for use. It still did not fix the issue of the slipping clutch , but I think I cured that today .

Today I took the clutch apart , refinished the steel plates with 400 grit emery cloth . Mic'd the fibers and nothing less than .118 ,still within tolerance . The steels were tarnished really bad , so I cross sanded them to make the shiny again . Checked for warping and still within tolerance . Re-assembled and took out on a test ride for 50 miles or so . No slippage as of yet so far . Just a few more little details to perform and we are ready for MD .

BEER30

I can't believe David is getting all this attention. You know George, I like those gauges you have there in place of the tape deck, I can order a pair and come visit too. I can even bring David back.

If you do, you need to figure out if your going chrome or painted, if painted you must do that yourself (about a week it took me, see my thread) prior to coming down. You may need Riderduke with you, just to show the way :080402gudl_prv:

You must know that we would love to have you come down here!:thumbsup2:

Just let us know when the two of you can make it down and we'll be ready! It will be great seeing you again!

I was just planning the Polished Aluminum or chrome. Both look nice with the silver. May check with Riderduke to see if and when he can go then see if it's ok with you. Thanks.

A lot of the time I am just an observant bystander, Brad, but I have put in my two cents :2cents: worth (Wow, I finally get to use that smiley!) and George has been appreciative of my observations!:whistling: The more eyes, the better and merrier!:cool10:

Ol' George is getting to be quite the "Mechanic" as of lately, you just might have to relinquish your position to him Bobbie

:whistling:

I can't believe David is getting all this attention. You know George, I like those gauges you have there in place of the tape deck, I can order a pair and come visit too. I can even bring David back.

Its time to learn!!!!!

Esp since the 04 has 70K. gotta keep her in good shape for another 70K:happy65: