IGNORED

Stebel horn mounting

When I had my Goldwing I mounted one on the inside of the fairing. It was still ear-shattering! I think that having it up that high may actually be better.....it seemed to be every bit as loud as the one on my RSV, mounted in the standard location behind the right floorboard.

Has anyone mounted the stebel horn inside the fairing. How does it sound in there.

I've always had mine inside the front fairing and yes, it's still brutally LOUD lol..

I have mounted to the left side of the radio box, wrapped in foam padding (except the intake and outtake holes) to eliminate any knocking when hitting bumps on the road and reducing vibrations, its suspended mounted with Zip ties. Been there since the other summer, working super sweet..

Mounted mine in the fairing used plumming straping. Mounted on the right side if you are looking at the bike. The horn is just as loud I think. I did a test with another rider that had his mounted down where the original horn is on the side. He had used the Carbon One Bracket and wiring harness. I think personally it looks better if you leave the original horn and just mount another one in the fairing. The stebel horn and chrome is just not as attractive. Just my thoughts.