IGNORED

Extra Audio Output on 2nd Gen??

SpaceMan

Hi:

Does anyone know if there is an extra RCA line level output, or subwoofer output available on the 2nd Gen Venture stereo? I am looking at possibly adding a Clarion SRV314 subwoofer but will need an audio signal. This sub can accept a line level RCA signal or speaker level so either would work. Any idea where I would start to look to find out if it does have one?

I am looking to get a bit more bass to go with my polk audio dB 401s.:Im not listening to

Ron

you will probably have to install a "Y" spliter under the fairing, like you would do if you added a XM or other device. Squidly did a write up on adding this. do a search.

K

Hi:

Does anyone know if there is an extra RCA line level output, or subwoofer output available on the 2nd Gen Venture stereo? I am looking at possibly adding a Clarion SRV314 subwoofer but will need an audio signal. This sub can accept a line level RCA signal or speaker level so either would work. Any idea where I would start to look to find out if it does have one?

I am looking to get a bit more bass to go with my polk audio dB 401s.:Im not listening to

Ron

I think the write ups are for a splitter we added for input-- to add another componate- i pod or whatever- hes actually asking about another output- Ive never looked close to the out lines to see if ya can add a splitter there. Im sure ya could split the exsisting lines tho and add one.

Yes, thats it. I am trying to find an extra output from the system's amp, as in Line OUT or extra speaker outputs. However, I would like to do it in a way that does not degrade the sound to my rear speakers. The sub's own amp may provide some isolation such that using a straight Y cable may not affect the main amp's outputs. Have to check no that.

I haven't figured out where I would put the sub yet anyway so have a few other things to figure out too. One option may be on the bottom of the trunk. I will let you know what I find out as things progress here. (OR... NOT)