I was on ebay and found this software that is supposed to cross reference parts for yamaha models. Has anyone used this and would it be beneficial for finding xref parts for my 83'?

Yamaha XVZ1200 XVZ1200A Venture Royale Part XRef Manual

What fits what software 3117 models 187,770 part #s

Thanks

Yep, I bought one of the CDs a couple of years ago. You can find your model and it lists all the parts by number, or you can type in your part number and it will list all the other models that also use that part. Sure helps widen the search grid when looking for used parts.

Used with the CD for parts breakdown itis a useful tool.

Now remember most that stuff is dated pretty badly and prices are not current or even close (as on the breakdown CD) But it helps when buying on the net.

Hi,

I find that often when I go to the dealer with a part number, from these old bikes, that the counter guy, after some head scratching, says 'Oh that number has been changed to this other part number'.

Even simple parts like a bolt to mount the front brake caliper triggered one of these episodes.

Now if I go to the dealers parts counter, I say here is my part number and btw its an old number and may have changed. That seems to shorten the process.

Hope this helps,

Brian H.