IGNORED

Problems ith Class...and Great Members.

fixit3546

thanks to Don and Rocket my class computer is working great.

Don pointed me to the 1st. gen tech forum.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

Rocket, Paul if i remember right, actually called me and told me how to operate the thing. I had requested that info and He made the call within a few minutes of my post. This is definately an "Above and Beyond" group of folks.

Rocket also told me that it may take more than one try at "the fix" to get it right, He was right. and, I think the trace was bad on the board because i wound up putting a couple of jumpers on the board to get it to work..

Thanks again:bowdown: Now if i could just get the blinkers and cruise to work.

One of the problems with the cruise control can be the switch on the clutch lever. If all your cruise lights come on then that would be good to check. If you put the bike in gear with the kickstand down and pull the clutch lever in, it should start. If it doesn't then that switch is the culprit, or at least part of the problem.

I had that problem, you can take that switch apart and clean it real well and put it back together. Be careful though, there is a small spring in there that likes to get away! Another thing that can cause a problem with that switch is the bushing that the clutch lever pivots on can be worn and not allowing the right movement for the switch. Over the years I have had to replace that also.