IGNORED

Looking to solve the knee vent problems?!?

I know its been brought up before, but I couldn't find anything worth pursuing on the search function here.

I'm looking to find a suitable (stock) factory replacement for the right knee vent (the one located on the side cover) or two "fabricated" vents.

If I can't find a stock one, then I'll try the "custom" method. I had seen someone had once made chrome blanking plates and they seemed to work well.

I was wondering if anyone had made the blanking plates and then had a metal shop stamp louvers into the metal? It would look similar to the ones for this aircraft.

http://www.vincesrocket.com/silver%20louvers.jpg

I think you may be one of the first to do that. Some bust out the plastic louvers or take the whole plastic thing off completely. There are a few custom jobs somewhere, prolly near impossible to find in a search. I ordered one new one. Dunno if you can still buy them. Not cheap.

Wow, that is darn near double what I paid.

These 1st gens like someone to tinker with them constantly. Me, I end up cleaning and maintaining more than I ride. But then I do not get to ride much and I am anal, so it could just be me.

When is comes to those speaker grills, a big Magnum 44 marker on them a couple times a year keeps them looking good. I am not paying near $100 a piece for those.

Brownie has gotta look good at all times.

I bought a pair locally last year for $10 ! Found them on Ebay, Craigs list or Kijiji or similar and picked them up on my way home from work one evening. They're in perfect shape!

Guess I did ok huh ?

Before that, my old blue just had gaping holes where the vents should be. The P.O. had spilled crazy glue into her vent louvers while doing a hamfisted repair. They were irrepairabley stuck and worse looking than the gaping holes so I chucked them. This looked ugly but somehow never bothered me till I bought the red bike which had the vents in tact.

Win some loose some I guess.

Cheers,

Brian H.