IGNORED

Lake Express Ferry - Motorcycles Free

RedRider

The Lake Express Ferry just announce that motorcycles will travel free in May and June. Also, if reservations are made online, they will be free Sept and Oct as well.

This is a great way to avoid Chicago traffic. My wife and I (and the Venture) have taken it a couple of times. Very nice.

http://www.lake-express.com/newsletters/10MarMRF/index.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitorEmails&utm_content=990060759&utm_campaign=2010-MAR-MotorcyclesRideFreeKickoff+_+oitukr&utm_term=Clickhere

RR

The Lake Express Ferry just announce that motorcycles will travel free in May and June. Also, if reservations are made online, they will be free Sept and Oct as well.

HEY EVERYONE, Can we move the date of the International Rally to June or September?:sign just kidding:

Later, Scooter Bob

Just wanted to clear up something I misunderstood. Told the hubby last night about the ferry, so of course we started planning a trip to Niagra Falls. (On the bucket list, and thought we could save some $$$ and a ton of miles)

Anyhooooooooooo.....jumped on the Ferry Website and plunked in the info for reservations in September. It came back with a cost of $191.00 for 2 passengers. I called the phone # and it's the "motorcyle" that is free, but the passengers still pay.

(Cost of bike would be $48.00)

So, thought if anyone else jumped to the same conclusion I did....just thought you should know.

Still a big savings...

Never taken the Lake Express before I have always taken the SS Badger out of Ludington Mi. to Manitowoc Wi. if I'm heading North West. Beats the long drive up and thu the U.P. and anything is better then the loop thu Chicago. I hear the Badger takes a hour longer then the Express but it is sure relaxing after a long ride especially on the trip home.

If it all works out, I'm avoiding Chicago in July by going via Sault Ste Marie. :)

Dave

Aside: When you get closer to planning your trip, wherever you are headed, if you want some company with the ride - keep us posted. I'm planning on heading up that way (a few times) over the summer too.

:sign back to topic:

Just wanted to clear up something I misunderstood. Told the hubby last night about the ferry, so of course we started planning a trip to Niagra Falls. (On the bucket list, and thought we could save some $$$ and a ton of miles)

Anyhooooooooooo.....jumped on the Ferry Website and plunked in the info for reservations in September. It came back with a cost of $191.00 for 2 passengers. I called the phone # and it's the "motorcyle" that is free, but the passengers still pay.

(Cost of bike would be $48.00)

So, thought if anyone else jumped to the same conclusion I did....just thought you should know.

Still a big savings...

Yup, just the bike is free. The passengers are only free if they swim.

RR