IGNORED

LED Stop Lights

silverdeer0454

Has anyone else tried these lights on a RSTD? Considering getting the stop lights and LED turn signals. I still had a fuse blow and lost the headlights. I have now disconnected the passing lights and haven't blown a fuse since. Looks like I'll be pulling these and looking for a bare/bad/burnt wire. May replace the passing lights with LEDs also.

http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm

:rudolf:

silverdeer

Edited by silverdeer0454
learning to spell - hokd on foniks werked for me

I have a 32 LED board in both my RSTC and the RSV. So far no problems at all with either.

I did however buy mine from Biker Highway. The reason being THEY mentioned that their board had 3 LEDs for a tag light. Custom Dynamics did not mention the tag lights, although I think some members say that the C/D board does have them.

I did order the LED running/brake light from C/D.

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_nonsequential_led_video.htm

YES highly recommend them. I had the 32 LED before they came out with the 100 LED...the 32 was great. I just had to have the 100 LED...twice as good. Custom Dynamics also has the 3 LEDs for tag lights.

I have the LED turn signals also. All thier LED's are high quality in my book. Good tech support also, if you run into a problem.

Here is a utube video of mine with the 32 LED and a strobe unit on it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QooBZjPbB78]YouTube- Venture Strobe[/ame]

YES highly recommend them. I had the 32 LED before they came out with the 100 LED...the 32 was great. I just had to have the 100 LED...twice as good. Custom Dynamics also has the 3 LEDs for tag lights.

I have the LED turn signals also. All thier LED's are high quality in my book. Good tech support also, if you run into a problem.

Here is a utube video of mine with the 32 LED and a strobe unit on it...

Hey, I think I've seen that bike!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...:smile5:

Yes sir. I have the 32 LED one on my bike. I bought mine from bikerhiway:

http://www.bikerhiway.com/led-tail-light-for-yamaha-road-star-and-vstar-p-176.html

About 2 weeks after I received and installed my 32 LED board, I saw that the 100 LED one was announced. While the 32 LED one is PLENTY bright - even in the day time, I would have been tempted by the 100 LED one but the price on that is a little bit much for me to spend on a replacement light that I don't need. By the way, I believe I paid around 45 for my 32 LED one, although I do see that the price is up to ~53 or so.

Anyways, highly visible during the day, and EXTREMELY visible at night. The only thing I would do differently, if I could go back, is I would have ordered one sooner (and for my other bikes too).

My reason for buying it through them was that I also purchased a stebel air horn and the combination of the two, including shipping gave me the best price for both items. After dealing with them, I can say that their customer support was top notch. I ordered the plug and play adapter for the air horn (before I read the info on here) and even though it didn't work the way it was supposed to, I got a phone call from them (as per a request via e-mail) and we chatted about how to make it work. They were very apologetic, refunded my money (including shipping) and on top of that, took time to understand why their 'plug and play' adapter didn't function the way they had thought it would.

I had a few other questions about some other items that I had ordered later, and they were very friendly and willing to take the time to help out. I would gladly do business with them again. (I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with them other than being a satisfied customer).

Has anyone else tried these lights on a RSTD? Considering getting the stop lights and LED turn signals. I still had a fuse blow and lost the headlights. I have now disconnected the passing lights and haven't blown a fuse since. Looks like I'll be pulling these and looking for a bare/bad/burnt wire. May replace the passing lights with LEDs also.

http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm

:rudolf:

silverdeer

I've lollygagged about getting these taillights. I'll do it soon.

Meanwhile, I think you should look at the switch on the lamp housing first. Mine shorted all the time there until I did something (can't remember what-soldered the wire better?). It's not like I used the switch, but that's where the short was.

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave...That's where I will start when I pull them apart. Electrical problems are a PIA to diagnose and repair.

While you have it apart, I would suggest that you put in a relay for the passing lights, if there is not one already. Doing so will get that load off the ignition switch AND will give you a separate point of failure, that will not take out the head light, leaving you in the dark. :yikes: