IGNORED

First Ride 2010

rmkopp

Over here in northeast WY we had great weather on Wed. & Thur. so I got in my first rides since last Oct. It actually rained here today. Haven't seen that since last Oct either. Supposed to be snow and rain though next Wed. Spring is coming! :Venture:

Just be very careful, you guys,when taking these early season rides! I know, we're all anxious! There is still plenty of sand on these highways, especially the 2 lane ones. A tight curve can be treatuous! Years ago, I had a Honda Aspencade and went for an early season ride in March. I felt the front wheel tend to slip on a tight curve through the hills. Attempting to correct it, the bike approached the shoulder and there was a gap between the pavement and the shoulder. All I remember is doing a forward flip. The next thing I knew was seeing the ambulance and paramedics beside me. Someone had seen me go down and called them. I'm broke up pretty bad. Three broken and two cracked ribs. And it ruined my helmet! They wouldn't remove the helmet. Totalled the bike. Then that rough ride to the hospital with those ribs really did about kill me. Anyway, though, Please be cautious and stay alert! I wouldn't want something like that to happen to anyone else! It only takes about 2 seconds, and Wham! :doh:

Owen.