IGNORED

Brake & Clutch Master Cylinder Sight Glass Replacement

Below is a cut & paste of the info I have regarding the company I got the crystals from.

I have had my brake master in since last spring. Crystal is still very clear and no leaks.

The one issue I had was some softening of the clutch side epoxy where it was on to thick. This new idea for an adhesive may work better.

I used 17.5 mm crystals x 2mm thick

I did not hone the bores as I couldn't find a hone that would fit .

Gary

Company name is:

Esslinger & Company

http://www.esslinger.com/

@ dingy,

Hey, Thanx Alot For The Info dingy!!! Will Order Some Crystal Lenses Today Hopefully. Was Just Going To Put A Metal Electrical Box Slug In There And Spray A Ton Of Coats Of That Permatex Sealer Over The Darn Thing Just To Make Sure It Didn't Leak. I Usually Check All The Fluids Every 3-4 Days Any Way, So The Sight Glass Is Pretty Much Useless To Me Any Way. Thanx For The Info Again!

Thor68372rockon:sign Rock On:

• 5 years later...
Would anyone be interested in the purchasing of replacement sight glasses for the Brake & Clutch master cylinders?

I know that there are some of these that have discolored or leaked in these older bikes.

I have just finished replacing both of my sight glasses with a mineral glass watch crystal.

I wanted to powder coat my master cylinders. To do this, I needed to remove the sight glass as it would not take the heat of the curing process. In doing so, I destroyed the sight.

I have replaced both of these now with the watch crystal. I used quick setting jewelers 2 part epoxy to bond into housing.

I had to buy 3 crystals & the epoxy to meet suppliers minimum order. I have had the extra crystal soaking in brake fluid for several days now. It shows no signs of discoloration.

If I could do a bulk purchase, it would cost $12.00 for two crystals, including shipping to you.

If you wanted, I could also get the two part epoxy for another $5.00.

I know these work on 1st gen bikes, but I am not sure about 2nd gens.

The crystal I used is 17.5 mm dia., & 2mm thick.

1st picture is of old sight removed & O ring that is under it.

2nd picture is of installed crystal.

Let me know if interested.

:feedback:

Gary

Still have them available?