IGNORED

Thank God for web searches

1BigDog

Thanks Al Gore for inventing the internet. (its a joke, not political).

That being said, the bulb in my DLP tv blew this AM. It was 2 1/2 years old. Went to the recommended Toshiba site and the cost was about 230 bucks. Did a web search and found a whole spectrum of prices and quality of parts. Some prices were 280.00 to as low as 99.00. After doing much searching and reading the company reviews and warranties I settled on www.advancedlamps.com which offered a 6 month vs 3 month warranty and a new, not refurbished product like some other companies. Total cost with shipping was 129.00.

Sometimes it pays to do a little "searching".:smile5:

YEP...I just went through the same thing. Mine has not gone out yet but it's over two years old so I know that it's just a matter of time. I decided to get one ordered so that I would have it on hand when I need it. My TV is a 60" Sony and they wanted $249.00 for the lamp. I found it on Amazon, same brand as original, for under $100.00 for the bare lamp or $129.00 for the lamp with new housing. I ended up getting it from Samsung Parts sold through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=ALOU8D3G1HMER