IGNORED

Novia Scotia (Cabot Trail)

TopV

Hello Everyone!

Wife and I are thinking of riding the Cabot Trail this year for our vacation. Would like to know if anyone has taken this ride and what your opinion of it is. We have nine days to do it in, our starting location whould be from Massachusetts. We will be doing the entire ride on land to take in the coast line rather than useing the boat trip from Main.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Joe & Val

A friend and I did it from Long Island in June 08 in 9 days. I had an 1100 Vstar back then but my Corbin seat was fantastic (plug for Corbin!). First day was 13 hours from Long Island to the border in Maine. All of Nova Scotia was amazing, the bay of fundy was amazing, Peggy Cove beautiful and the Cabot Trail lived up to its hype. Towards the north end we split off a mostly well packed dirt road and found ourselves at Meat Cove, to me one of the most beautiful places out there. There are visitor centers everywhere and the people were great there.... they made reservations for us, knew places for good rising and sight seeing....the whole experience was great, even the $250, 6 hour high speed ferry ride back !; Im planning to return.

HEre;s my pictures from that trip

http://picasaweb.google.com/ablumny/NovaScotiaJune2008#

Good luck, it's be awesome Im sure.

Andrew

Traveling Nova Scotia to Cape Breton is a great road trip. Traveling across from Bar Harbour on the Cat is quite an experience as well. Make sure you take some Gravol if you need it; as there were a lot of people were outside hanging over the back or in the restroom.

When we got to the Cabot Trail it was foggy and there we met a few people that were there camping, they said it had been that way for about 2 days and they were still waiting for it to clear up. We couldn't see a thing but road and guard rail.

All the people we met and spoke to along the way were so nice and helpful. Can't go wrong traveling there and/or over to P.E.I.

I would highly recommend it! :080402gudl_prv:

Did it a few years back and the roads were a little rough, but the scenary was very nice. I would watch out for the moose on top of the mountains but they seemed pretty tame it is the cars that stopped in the middle of the road you had to watch.

Take some side roads of to the water and you can watch for some whales.

Enjoy the trip

Brad

Just a heads up - the "Cat" high speed ferry to Yarmouth has been cancelled.

+1 on the Cabot Trail. Road condition is not great but it is very much a worthwhile excursion. Lots of pretty good riding in Nova Scotia. Be sure to pick up the NS publication at the link posted by Keith (above).

Ross

I would like to thank you all for your help and information which i find most helpful. Andrew i enjoyed the photos and surprisingly enough i will be starting from the battle ship Massachusetts which is only a mile from my home.

Once agine i thank you all and will let you know how the trip works out.

Thanks Joe

I would like to thank you all for your help and information which i find most helpful. Andrew i enjoyed the photos and surprisingly enough i will be starting from the battle ship Massachusetts which is only a mile from my home.

Once agine i thank you all and will let you know how the trip works out.

Thanks Joe

Have a great trip. Loads of good info here on the subject!