IGNORED

CB Radio

Art708

I noticed that inside the black plastic box that protects the CB that there is a gray 1/4" (I think) plug that's not being used. Is this where a microphone could be plugged in instead of having to use the headset mic? I want to use a handheld mic for times when I don't wear my full face with mic and speakers. Thanks......

hmmm....I've had my apart and never noticed any gray plug except for where the antenna plugs in. I ASSUME your antenna is plugged in? It's a automotive type antenna connector.

I was going to say that too, but it's been a long time since I've had one in my hands and didn't want it to look like I'd taken a stupid pill...... :backinmyday:

It just occured to me that you've got yourself a 2009 and you've got the CB apart?

Any particular reason? :think:

And that would be comical if it was that the antenna was not plugged in (since it is a brand new bike and all)...

And that would be comical if it was that the antenna was not plugged in (since it is a brand new bike and all)...

And surely a Stealership would not leave something like THAT unplugged!!! :doh:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

having no antenna hooked up would give you 100 to 350' range, the dealer will sell a range booster/antenna to get you past the 5 mile range.

It's interesting that thay would not use a PL-259 for the CB antenna connector.

Ok... I'm a dummass. Please forget that I even asked. I feel like an idiot for not looking closer in the first place. My head was set on one thing and I didn't even look at the end of the black wire. Sorry about that....... sheesh, what a dummy.

Ok... I'm a dummass. Please forget that I even asked. I feel like an idiot for not looking closer in the first place. My head was set on one thing and I didn't even look at the end of the black wire. Sorry about that....... sheesh, what a dummy.

No problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I did something like that. No big deal. So I'm guessing that it WAS hooked up. You took it all apart and forgot that you had unplugged the antenna from there. :)

No problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I did something like that. No big deal. So I'm guessing that it WAS hooked up. You took it all apart and forgot that you had unplugged the antenna from there. :)

That's it exactly...thanks to everyone.

That grey plug should be for the AM/FM antenna, that is the type of plug for that antenna. They don't use that type of plug on a CB antenna, it isn't shielded properly. Could that be the AM/FM radio instead of the CB?

That grey plug should be for the AM/FM antenna, that is the type of plug for that antenna. They don't use that type of plug on a CB antenna, it isn't shielded properly. Could that be the AM/FM radio instead of the CB?

They obviously used that type for the RSV. No, the plug is for the CB...it's inside the CB box. The AM/FM is the other antenna which is hooked up and working.