IGNORED

Heated passenger grips

I was wondering if anyone installed heated grips for the passenger on the grab bars? is there any way of adding such a thing? when my wife and I ride colder days her hands get really cold and she ends up riding with snowmobile mittens, this eliminates her ability to grab anything. I figured that if I could give her a heated grip that would solve a lot of issues.

Any ideas?

I was wondering if anyone installed heated grips for the passenger on the grab bars? is there any way of adding such a thing? when my wife and I ride colder days her hands get really cold and she ends up riding with snowmobile mittens, this eliminates her ability to grab anything. I figured that if I could give her a heated grip that would solve a lot of issues.

Any ideas?

Buy her a pair of heated gloves that can be plugged into the bike

:2cents:

i would think that with the curves of the passenger grab bars it would be hard to slip the grips on, so maybe wrapping your own is the ticket. i found alot of info on DIY grip heaters, a good one was at ebbo.org, they sound easy enough and pretty cheap to make.

how do the heated gloves plug in to the bike? the 12v kind. cig. lighter plug? wire to battery? were to you get the 12v kind? help!

The link listed above is a 12 volt glove, you would run a fused wire (That is supplied with the kit) from the battery. When you get on to ride you plug the heated article into the plug pigtail and it runs off the bikes charging system.