IGNORED

Vacation "Burn" Day

FJR Rider

I put in an aux fuse box ... this one is a 5 position, I usually use a 6 position, but this one works well and it's half the size plus a cover at the same price -- $11.00. I moved some of the OEM rear lighting wiring around to make a little room and then put in four relays, one each tail, brake, right and left turnsignals for the trailer harness. You'll only see three relays in the pix, the fourth one is tucked in elsewhere.

I also relocated a couple items under the fairing and put in two Wolo horns, ran power up from the 5 spot in the new fuse box, and put a relay in as well. I ran the switch wires up from the right side OEM horn ... normally I go off the lower left OEM horn, but thought I'd try it this way and I actually like it better.

I also cleaned up some of the other wiring my friend had in there .. nothing wrong with his, I just like it a little "cleaner". I still have a side of very nice adhesive LED strip lights to add to the side of his trunk, but I need to wait for a little warmer weather to install those to ensure good adhesion of the tape. Then I get to do add some LED side marker lights to my RSV and put an aux fuse box in and new horns on my FJR.

And yes .. it was a fun day :) It was just nice to have a day to myself, no regular work (if you don't count checking e-mail and two calls from my office), no baskett-ball tournaments for my grandson, and no errands with Cathy. Work is an absolute pain for me this time of year, starting in December and going through April. Even getting a day off is unusual...as it is, I'm leaving several days of vacation on the table because I can't use them by the end of our fiscal year (next week).

Edited by FJR Rider

Work is an absolute pain for me this time of year, starting in December and going through April. Even getting a day off is unusual...as it is, I'm leaving several days of vacation on the table because I can't use them by the end of our fiscal year (next week).

Accountant?

Accountant? Close, but no, but I do spend quite a bit of time with the Controller. No, I manage two usually unrelated areas .. I'm the Compensation Manager and Payroll Manager for $2B a year company. Just finished up year end and W2 processing on the Payroll side, and now it's fiscal year end and year begin work on the Comp side. I've got great teams in both areas, but there are days I'm not sure which way I'm going :(. My boss told me when she gave me Payroll I'd have one big job .. she lied, I already had one big job and now I have two .. plus because I also have a little bit of an HR systems background, I have to help out there occasionally as well. Nice to be employed, but sometimes the hours don't justify the end.

It was nice to have the mental health day today!