IGNORED

trunk relocation

... With the passenger sitting further back how does this affect the handling and does it put much more load on the rear shock and ride height?....

It doesn't move the passenger back that much... maybe an inch... but they do notice the extra space. You aren't moving the seat back, just the back rest for the passenger.

You should move the rubber under the trunk so the plastic bottom of the trunk isn't resting on the rail .... vibration could damage the shell.

Ok I couldn't stand it so I went out and moved the trunk back on my 2011. I got 4 new ss screws ( about 1/4" longer) and I also got some ss nylock nuts for underneath. All you probably need are the nuts for under the trunk. This takes all of about ten minutes. I also took some pictures, here they are. Now I realize how dirty it is underneath the trunk, so now I need to detail that.

My first gen had an adjustable backrest ( wife is slightly disappointed the new bike is just fixed )

Now my only question for those who have done the mod is, does the gap between the seat and trunk cause any issues for your rider??