IGNORED

Alert! VR Scavenger Hunt Needs YOU!

dynodon

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt, relegated to the "fun & Frivolous" section is not getting the action it did when correctly placed in this more active area.

Anyway, want to remind everyone that it is still and has been going on, but it seems like mostly a few of us from Illinois have been getting the targets even in this bad weather, while the bunches of you in warm areas are doing....what?

You NEED something to strive for, a challenge, a task that will take you and your bike to new and interesting places and meet new and fun people.

So join in on the scavenger hunt and be the first one to get the new target:

You and your bike at a beach. Can be snow covered, but if it is covered by babes in bikini's you get extra points. (or guys in speedo's for the female riders) :)

Visit us in F&F and YOU could pick the next target, and win the accolades and respect of your fellow Venture Riders! Or just wait for us Illini riders to get it again and hog all the rewards (warm glow, applause from afar and the knowledge of a job well done, no cash, sorry):rotfl:

How about, me in my speedo and my bike????:smile5:

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt, relegated to the "fun & Frivolous" section is not getting the action it did when correctly placed in this more active area.

Anyway, want to remind everyone that it is still and has been going on, but it seems like mostly a few of us from Illinois have been getting the targets even in this bad weather, while the bunches of you in warm areas are doing....what?

You NEED something to strive for, a challenge, a task that will take you and your bike to new and interesting places and meet new and fun people.

So join in on the scavenger hunt and be the first one to get the new target:

You and your bike at a beach. Can be snow covered, but if it is covered by babes in bikini's you get extra points. (or guys in speedo's for the female riders) :)

Visit us in F&F and YOU could pick the next target, and win the accolades and respect of your fellow Venture Riders! Or just wait for us Illini riders to get it again and hog all the rewards (warm glow, applause from afar and the knowledge of a job well done, no cash, sorry):rotfl:

You have to go to that forum. Posts in that section do not display on the home page.

Also, just in case you are concerned, I did NOT miss your little "dig" in the first line of the first post. I do hope that we aren't going to debate this all over again though. :confused24:

Now, what do you expect ....

... your Bike and a Beach, snow covered or not .... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ask me again End of March or so

I set the current target, and since DynoDon and I have been the only ones playing lately, :stickpoke:and we both have been under snow for 7 weeks, I had to include the snow covered:snow2: beach and hard water.:cold:

Thanks for the plug on the hunt Don.

Join in guys and have some fun!:happy65:

Later, Scooter Bob

Freebird, Didn't mean to be mean, but the topic hasn't had the same response in Fun & Frivolous as in the Watering Hole. You call the shots though, and I assume it isn't against the rules to promote it a little like I did.

I found the topic late, but lately it seems just a few are participating, even last summer.

So I am just trying to fire up a bit of interest and maybe spur the good weather riders among us to get involved!

And Kbay, I am going to have to watch you Texans a little more carefully, you are getting a bit frisky! :)

Well it is " 69" degrees here today!!!:rasberry:

Freebird, Didn't mean to be mean, but the topic hasn't had the same response in Fun & Frivolous as in the Watering Hole. You call the shots though, and I assume it isn't against the rules to promote it a little like I did.

I found the topic late, but lately it seems just a few are participating, even last summer.

So I am just trying to fire up a bit of interest and maybe spur the good weather riders among us to get involved!

And Kbay, I am going to have to watch you Texans a little more carefully, you are getting a bit frisky! :)

Oh, that is mean, so mean! :crying: It has been foggy, cloudy, wet, cold and just plain flat out miserable for the last couple of weeks here in Illinois. Temps going up but rain is now forecast, at least it should wash away the salt.

I think I want to be a Texan for a while, will you folks accept a Saluki from Illinois?

Don,

It was never a question of me wanting it moved to the Fun forum. The issue was that I did not want to make it a permanent "sticky" thread at the top of the Watering Hole. It is a good thread and a fun thing to do but many people have asked to have various threads "stuck" at the top. I can't stick everybody's favorite because then there would be pages of sticky threads and the regular ones would start several pages back.

Then the complaint was that without it being a "sticky", it was too hard to for people to find. So I moved it to the Fun forum and stuck it there. Now it's easy to find but there are a very few who don't like it not being in the Watering Hole.

I'm sorry, as hard as I may try, I can't please everybody. I will leave it as is or would be willing to move it back to the watering hole but NOT stuck at the top. I never understood why it would be hard to find. Those that care about finding it easily can simply add it to their subscribed threads and then it would be very easy to find.

Sure....bring your self on down!!! gonna be in the mid to upper 70`s Friday!! wooohoooo

:Venture:

Oh, that is mean, so mean! :crying: It has been foggy, cloudy, wet, cold and just plain flat out miserable for the last couple of weeks here in Illinois. Temps going up but rain is now forecast, at least it should wash away the salt.

I think I want to be a Texan for a while, will you folks accept a Saluki from Illinois?