IGNORED

throttle return spring

Guest seuadr

this is going to sound like a stupid question (cause it is!) but uh... I can't seem to find the throttle return spring for an 87 mk2 on the parts fische.. anyone got a part number for it?

thanks in advance, and, i'll keep looking! :happy34:

:edit: i'm looking at a much better fische now, and i see part 33 in the fische "housing support spring" is that what i'm looking for? (haven't taken the venture apart yet!)

Edited by seuadr
might have found it

this is going to sound like a stupid question (cause it is!) but uh... I can't seem to find the throttle return spring for an 87 mk2 on the parts fische.. anyone got a part number for it?

thanks in advance, and, i'll keep looking! :happy34:

:edit: i'm looking at a much better fische now, and i see part 33 in the fische "housing support spring" is that what i'm looking for? (haven't taken the venture apart yet!)

What page/heading are you looking at?

Gary

Boy, was I wrong and looking in the wrong place. For $4.27 I'd go ahead and pick one up....

so then, that is the throttle return spring?

so then, that is the throttle return spring?

Heck, at first I thought it was the one up in the carb linkage. I can see where #33 might be part of the whole return spring scheme, and if that's the one you're missing....there you go. Or are you actually missing a spring, or just wondering about the lack of one being listed in the carb schematics??? Only you know for sure which one you need. I don't....

Each carburetor has it's own return spring. Yamaha doesn't sell them separately from the carburetor body.

The spring you referred to is part of the assembly where the cruise ties into the throttle cables. It's probably to keep a cable from going slack.

Each carburetor has it's own return spring. Yamaha doesn't sell them separately from the carburetor body.

The spring you referred to is part of the assembly where the cruise ties into the throttle cables. It's probably to keep a cable from going slack.

works for me, i just need the return spring that makes the throttle return to a closed position.. right now, even with fully lubed up cables (and might not be a problem once i replace them, come tax time) it does not fully return to the closed position for several second after releasing it. seems like a bad thing to me, and i want to fix it :D

i'm not actually missing any springs, condor, just questioning the functionality of the one i have and apperantly i can't find the darn thing on a parts schematic to order it! :think:

Not snapping closed is a bad thing. It's probably not the return springs.

One thing I see quite commonly is too little free play in the cables. This causes them to bind and the throttle to not snap closed. Your grip should turn about 1/8" before the throttles start to move.

Another possibility is the grip itself binding to the bar or not enough clearance between the grip and the switch housing.

Not snapping closed is a bad thing. It's probably not the return springs.

One thing I see quite commonly is too little free play in the cables. This causes them to bind and the throttle to not snap closed. Your grip should turn about 1/8" before the throttles start to move.

Another possibility is the grip itself binding to the bar or not enough clearance between the grip and the switch housing.

alright, i'll check that out as well, thanks!

I had binding on mine...I just slid the whole throttle assy towards the right just a millimter or 2, because the inside of the RUBBER grip was touching the handlebar. ALSO do you have non OEM bar ends on? that can also cause a friction issue.