IGNORED

Cruise control not working correctly

I have a 1989 Venture Royale. I’ve had in now for about 8 years and its been a good bike. Last fall the cruise control started acting up. Now when I set the cruise it will always drop about 8-10mph from where I set it. Also it intermittently turns off the cruise. I’ve checked the switch on the clutch and break levers and they seem to be ok. I’ve also held the clutch and break levers out with the cruise set and it still cuts out. Also a bad switch doesn’t explain why the cruise drops 8-10mph from where I set it. Both these problems occurred at the same time just all of a sudden. Any suggestions? I appreciate any help. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I have a 1989 Venture Royale. I’ve had in now for about 8 years and its been a good bike. Last fall the cruise control started acting up. Now when I set the cruise it will always drop about 8-10mph from where I set it. Also it intermittently turns off the cruise. I’ve checked the switch on the clutch and break levers and they seem to be ok. I’ve also held the clutch and break levers out with the cruise set and it still cuts out. Also a bad switch doesn’t explain why the cruise drops 8-10mph from where I set it. Both these problems occurred at the same time just all of a sudden. Any suggestions? I appreciate any help. Thanks

Vacume line leak??