IGNORED

CB Error Message Update

David Bianchi

After joining a few months ago I posted a message about a problem with my 2008 RS CB unit. The problem is when keying the CB unit to talk, in the controller window , it would say CB Error, and the CB unit would not work. The dealer has replaced the CB unit and all related hard parts but the problem still persists. After much discussion with Yamaha Tech they feel the problem is within the main wiring harness that runs from headlight to tail light. Yamaha has auth the replacement of the harness and it has been ordered, but has to come from Japan. Just in case anyone is interested I will post a message after the harness is installed to let everyone know if it fixed the problem.

Just a quick idea... The CB antenna should be on the left side. If not, you are transmitting into the wrong antenna and the SWR circuit is preventing the transmission so the radio does not get damaged. Just a thought.

• 1 year later...

Any feedback on the harness repair and cb error message? I have had the same error and I checked from nose to tail. After checking every connection that could possibly effect the cb and I got all everything back together it worked fine again for a couple of months, now the error is back. Like a bonehead I failed to grease the connections in the fairing so that will be my next move.

Any other suggestions?

Mongo