IGNORED

Scotts oil filters

I was just doing some surfing as came across this. Does anyone here have an opinion about these filters?? I didn't see one listed for our bikes, but they said in the article that they build custom to fit. Just wondering has anyone tried one of these on anything of their own.

http://www.digitalprovisions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FARKLEMASTER&Category_Code=SCOTTS

Why would you spend that kind of bread on a oil filter? Napa gold or Napa powersports oil filters are the best. Consumer report said that a few years ago. I have been useing them on everything for a long time now and no problems. Great product and usually in stock.If not they have it next day. Try them.:grandma:

I have been employed in the automotive filtration business for several years now, I have seen some slick marketing before. After reading their list of reasons why this Scott's filter is SOOOO much better, I had to laugh. I'm not going to nitpick, but if this was a superior filter, why is ONLY rated to 35 micron? I can get a $3 Fram that is rated to 35 micron, $129 will buy a butt load of Frams. Oh, it passed a 24 hour chemical test. The industry standard is a 500 hour heat soak test. I guess I did nitpick a little, sorry about that.

I'll stick with my Pure One.

Dave

I have been employed in the automotive filtration business for several years now, I have seen some slick marketing before. After reading their list of reasons why this Scott's filter is SOOOO much better, I had to laugh. I'm not going to nitpick, but if this was a superior filter, why is ONLY rated to 35 micron? I can get a $3 Fram that is rated to 35 micron, $129 will buy a butt load of Frams. Oh, it passed a 24 hour chemical test. The industry standard is a 500 hour heat soak test. I guess I did nitpick a little, sorry about that.

I'll stick with my Pure One.

Dave

yes, but I won't be filling up the local landfill (or ditch) with so many Fram filters.. that is after I purchase the $3,000 ultra sonic cleaner used to clean out these metal filters.. ?

$5 bucks now... every 3,000 miles... or.... Hmm Math never good here... ;)

Its a nifty keen idea but as you said, but for that price? ouch